215.226.1276
The Episcopal School in North Philadelphia

DSC_9194

On Sunday December 15, over 120 guests gathered for the 2nd Annual Christmas Celebration at St. James School.

The event was hosted by the English Speaking-Union and the Society of the Sons of St. George to benefit St. James School students.

DSC_9251The evening began with tours of the historic graveyard at the Church of St. James the Less, where many notable Philadelphians are buried (including Agnes Irwin). Guests enjoyed an serene candle-lit Lessons and Carols service, sung by the combined choirs of Saint Mark’s Church, the Church of St. Martin-in-the-Fields, and the brand new St. James School student choir.

DSC_9523The service ended with a special presentation by Event Chair and St. James School board member George Tyndall along with Head of School David Kasievich announcing the creation of the St. James School Legacy Fund in honor of school founders Dr. Audrey E. Evans and The Reverend Sean E. Mullen.

After the Lessons & Carols, guest gathered in the schoolhouse — led from the church by the evening’s bagpiper — and enjoyed a festive cocktail party where generous attendees bid on over 40 silent auction items.