HELP MAKE SUMMER COUNT!
Contact David Kasievich for details on how your church can be involved!
Email us now or call 215.226.1276
COUNTDOWN TO SUMMER
Help us reach our goal by May 29, 2017!
With your support, we hope to raise $50,000 needed to support over 60 students at $750 per child for four weeks of summer.
What are your memories of summer vacation? Maybe it’s driving down to the shore, trekking along a wooded trail, visiting your favorite fishing spot, or catching fireflies in the backyard. For children living in poverty, summer is often anything but a vacation. Instead of a relaxing pace or a bit of adventure, families struggle to find affordable and safe places for their children to play. Even the additional food costs can be difficult to cover. Summer is also a time when many students lose significant ground in math and reading. Without the opportunity to take part in enriching summer programs, research shows that low income students fall even further behind more affluent children during the summer months.
At St. James School, we’ve been providing a high quality summer camp experience since 2009 to create happy memories that will last a lifetime, including:
- STEAM Academy, where students delve into hands-on learning in science, technology, engineering, art, and math.
- Sports and field trips that offer an opportunity to make new friends, learn new skills, prepare for school in the fall
- A week-long engaging and challenging overnight camp that opens new doors of experience for children in North Philadelphia.
All gifts of $50 or more receive a St. James School “Making Summer Count!” aluminum water bottle!
Join these churches and many other individuals who have joined the challenge!
- St. Asaph’s (Bala Cynwyd)
- St. Alban’s (Roxborough)
- St. Christopher’s (Gladwyne)
- St. Andrew’s (West Vincent)
“Summer enrichment opportunities can provide the educational edge that our students need to succeed in high school and beyond.” Dave McDonough, Assistant Head of School
We invite you and your church family to help us ensure that all of our students have a summer camp experience, whether you can support one student or five students!